Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

One Year Ago...

We found out we were expecting! Here is our story:



It was month two of not trying to prevent a pregnancy. I was pretty hopeful that a pregnancy was going to happen this month. I was very anxious and excited. So anxious that I decided to take a pregnancy the first day of being late. I also took the test in the evening. The test that I bought was a digital 3 pack. It came up "Not Pregnant." I was bummed. But, I still felt like I was pregnant, so much that I turned down some cider drink my mother in law offered me that contained some alcohol. I was very insistant on not wanting to try it. She tried over and over to offer it to me. I just kept saying no. It was awkward but, I just didn't want to take the chance just incase I was pregnant. (Good thing I didn't try it.) I wasn't having any real pregnancy symptoms. I kinda felt some nausia and fatigue. But I felt fatigued from school and work. I thought I was making up the nausia because I wanted to be pregnant. But my monthly never came. I was a week late and decided to take another test out of my 3 pack. They say the best time to take it is first thing in the morning. It was a Sunday. A day to sleep in and I just happened to wake up at 5 a.m. because I had to go to the bathroom. So, I went downstairs and took my second test. It came up "Pregnant." I was soooo excited. Our roommate was sleeping in her room that was right next to our room so I couldn't just go running into our room bursting with excitement. I had to be so quiet. I woke Adam up. He thought something was wrong. I showed him the test. He was funny because he was like, "Why did you wake me up at 5 a.m. to tell me?" Well, how was I supposed to just go back to bed and not say anything. Adam wanted to just go back to sleep. So, I layed there, in our bed, wide awake, holding my excitement in. It was so hard.



We decided to wait until Christmas to tell our family. Those two weeks of not telling in one dragged on and on. My mom and I went to water aerobics a couple times a week. Not telling her was so difficult since I pretty much tell my mom everything. I came close to telling her a couple of times. I even ran into a friend that asked me if I was planning to have any babies soon. I had to lie to her since none of my family members knew and my brother and sister in law were with me at the time. I hated lieing, but we thought it would be so special to wait 'til Christmas to share the news with our family. We made it to Christmas though. It was such a special Christmas for us. Now, it has been a year and I can hardly believe it has been that long. We are so excited to have our beautiful Lily with us this Christmas.

No comments: