Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

30 Day Challenge

Day 1

I completed day 1 of my 30 day challenge from Wii Active. It was REALLY hard. I was sore from the workout I completed yesterday but I worked out as intensely as I could being as out of shape as I am. The program had me take a health and lifestyle survey on just what I did yesterday. It had me enter the foods I ate, the beverages I drank, the excercise I did, and the amount of time I spent sitting down relaxing.

My health and lifestyle need a MAJOR change. I am hoping that by the end of the summer I will have made that change and adapted into an everyday routine. I am focused and I feel really good about my choice to change. I don't want to drop all of the yummy fatty foods but I want to focus on the amount of fatty foods and the frequency I partake of the fatty foods. I was thinking that instead of buying ice cream to keep in my freezer it may just be better to go out to ice cream every once in a great while. Instead of drinking a coffee and a soda each day I need to limit to just one of those. We have decided to incorporate the slogan "Healthy choices make healthy families" into our family. Hopefully that helps us actually make the healthy choices. It is so important to both Adam and me to teach Lily to live a healthy life so she doesn't suffer from weight and self esteem like we both did. In order to teach Lily we need to model it first.

Ok so back to my day 1. After I completed my first workout I needed to scrub the kitchen floor. I didn't do so with a mop, I got a dishpan, a scrub brush and rag, got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed the floor like I have never scrubbed anything before. That was a workout in and of itself. After I was done I was stuck in the living room until the floor dried. Adam was upstairs with Lily so I thought hmmm...why not complete another workout. So I did and it was harder and longer than the first one. Now I am really sore. But I feel so good! Today I did a combination of running, lunges lots and lots of lunges to the side, front, and back, jumps, squats, bicep curls, lunges and jumps combined, inline skating, boxing, tennis, basketball, volleyball, and baseball. There might be more, it's hard to remember it all. Every work out starts and ends with running. There is a personal trainer and some how he/she (in my case she) knows when I don't complete the lung, jump, or whatever completely and I have to do it again. If I run too slow it tells me and I have to pick up the pace. It is also very motivational. I was told many times that I am nothing short of awesome! Gotta love that!

I love the Wii Active. It was the best $60 I have spent! At the gym I never felt like I got a good workout probably because I didn't know what to do and how to do it. Walking gets a bit boring to me. I enjoy water aerobics but with not having a gym membership any more that is out of the question and with Lily it would be hard to do anyway. The Wii Active mixes the workouts up. Every minute or so you do a different workout. You can pick your intensity level and with the personal trainer you know if you are doing everything correctly or not. This is so great, I have always wanted a personal trainer and now I feel like I really have one. I can't wait to complete Day 2 tomorrow!

No comments: