Tuesday, August 25, 2009


We went camping this last weekend for the first time this year. It was also Lily's first camping trip. Thanks to my friend, Stephannie, for house sitting, we were able to leave our dogs at home. It would have been too much for us to take care of Lily and 2 small, hyper dogs. We were fortunate enough to stay in a cabin. Lily was able to crawl around, we were able to sleep in a bed, take showers, cook in a complete kitchen. It was nice, although it did feel like camping. Next year we will be back to tent camping because Lily will be walking. We left late afternoon on Friday and came home late afternoon Sunday. It was a short trip and we really wished we had another day. But everyone but Lily and I had to get back to work.

The drive there: Lily did ok. She cried for the last 1/2 hour of our 2 hour trip. She did some sleeping and we did some playing. I sat next to her as I always do when we are going somewhere in the Element as a family. As soon as we turn the car seat around that will all change, I get to ride in the front like a big girl.

Arrival/Friday Night: We unpacked, settled in, checked the place out, and made spaghetti for dinner. It was delicious! Everyone was pretty exhausted. Lily, my brother, and my mom went to bed early and Adam and I stayed up. He played his DS and I did some knitting. It was very peaceful. No TV and no noise from the city. We eventually went to bed and slept fairly well in a bed with our pillows from home.

Morning: Lily slept great in her play yard. She didn't wake up until 5 where she then just moved into bed with us and slept until I believe 8:00. We woke up and had huckleberry pancakes for breakfast, compliments to my mom! They were YUMMY!

Saturday Adventures: We packed up for the beach. We brought lunch and our suits. Lily saw a lake for the first time. She wasn't too sure about the cold, lake water. We decided to break out our lunch and suddenly scads of bees started swarming us. They were so bad we decided to pack up and leave the beach. I got a hold of a friend of mine that was up there at her beach house with her husband. We were invited to spend the rest of the afternoon there. We ate lunch indoors away from the bees then headed outside. They had a wave runner that we all got to take turns riding on. It was a lot of fun. We chatted for a bit, tried to swim a bit, then headed back to our cabin for a delicious steak dinner. We ate, we talked and had a fine evening. Nightfall came and again everyone headed to bed except Adam and I. Where we enjoyed the peace and quiet and our alone time.

Sunday: Lily woke up bright and early before 7 and wouldn't go back to sleep. I entertained her as quietly as I could so as not to wake anyone else up. We went for a walk outside and Lily enjoyed seeing all the trees and hearing all the birds and chipmunks.
Soon enough, everyone woke up and we had breakfast sandwiches. We hung out for a bit then decided to find a place to hike/walk. We ended up just going to a resort and walking along the shoreline. We stopped for a while to admire the view and skip some rocks. I haven't done that in years. Lily hung out on my back in a carrier and took a little nap. We headed back to the cabin one last time to pack up, eat lunch, and head home.

It was a good trip. We were glad to get out of the house and enjoy some family time.


Veronica Lee said...

Hi! I'm visiting from MBC. Great blog.

R. Wallis @ TrueBeauty said...

Just stopping by from SITS. Your Lily is beautiful! Happy Monday!