Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Trying to Be Positive!

I decided that in the midst of all my negativity I would give a small update on Lily and what she is doing at 13 1/2 months.

She is up to taking 7 steps independently. She is going at the walking thing at a very slow pace, but it's her pace and she has to do what works for her. We encourage her and give her opportunities to walk but, respect her decision to take her time.

She is almost always waking up once in the night, which is weird for her. Only about 2 nights a week does she sleep all the way through. I don't mind waking up once to nurse, it's when it is 2 times or more that I have a problem because at 13 + months, there is no need for her to do that.

When we ask her if she wants to go to bed or wants to change her diaper, she will happily, excitedly even crawl from where ever she is up to her room. So, if she is in the living room she will crawl into the kitchen, through the kitchen, up the stairs, through the playroom, pet the cat, and continue on into her room where I then lift her to the changing table. I think it's awesome! I feel like this is huge for a 13 month old. Maybe it's normal but, I was pretty stoked the first time she did it a couple weeks ago.

She plays peekaboo of course, what baby doesn't? But, she now hides, uncovers herself and says, "Boo!" Or she will storm into the bathroom when I am trying to go and she says, "Boo!" upon entering. It's hilarious and she has makes the cutest little "boo" noise I have ever heard.

That's about it. Like I said, it was a small update.

No comments: