Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Success!

For Lent I gave up soda. I thought it would be really hard but, it was actually not hard at all. I am so proud of myself for getting through the Lent period without soda. Now, that I have gone without soda, I can honestly say that I don't miss drinking it and I don't care to have it again, unless it's at a movie or a special occasion.

I do have one small confession. I went to see a movie with a friend over Lent, while I was giving up soda. We saw Remember Me, with Robert Pattinson. A great movie but, probably the saddest movie I have seen in a LONG time. Anyway, we got in the theater, paid for our tickets and approached the concessions counter. I automatically ordered a popcorn to share with my friend and a soda, totally without thinking! As we were sitting in the theater and the advertisements were running, it all of a sudden occured to me that I was drinking SODA. I kinda freaked out at this very sudden realization. It was totally an accident, it's not like I was at the counter struggling with whether I should cheat or not, I honestly didn't even think twice. I just ordered it, brought it into the theater and drank. Oh man, it tasted good. I was wondering why on earth this particular cherry coke tasted better than any cherry coke I have ever had. Finally, I realized I had cheated. Now, I suppose what I should have done was just gone to dump it right then and there, but I didn't, that would have been a waste of money. So, I drank it and enjoyed it. But, that was the only time I cheated and I don't really call that cheating because it wasn't a heart issue, it wasn't a battle of should I or not. It was an honest accident. So, that is when I decided that soda is NOT something I want to drink on a regular basis, like I was doing, having one everyday for lunch. It IS something I want to drink occasionally and if I drink it only occasionally it will taste SO much better. My movie experience was proof of that.

No comments: