Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

How Do I Do It?

I've been struggling a lot lately with balance. Not really balance per say but fitting all I want to do in to my life one way or another. I've gone over everything I have been trying to accomplish and can't figure out how I can successfully do ALL I want to do. And by successfully I mean, with 100% of my efforts. I have discovered so much about myself in the last few months and all these things about myself I love. Part of me feels like I may need to give some of what I love up but, how do I give anything up when I love each thing so much and then how do I decide what exactly it is I want to give up?

Here are the things that are must do's and things I want to do:
Be a child of God=which requires me to spend time praying daily, read my bible daily, minister to others, give back
Be a good wife=which requires me to spend quality time with my husband, do chores around the house so he doesn't feel like he does everything, be there for my husband in any and every way he needs me to be
Be a good mother=which requires me to feed, bath, clothe my child (provide her basic necessities), spend quality time with her, teach her all that she needs to be taught from how to behave, how to function and grow to be an independent person, how to love others the way Christ loves us, how to treat others, and the list goes on.

Things I want to need to do:
Lose weight-this is a top priority for me right now. It is a need but, if God said no, it's not your time, I would be sensitive to that or if my husband said it was taking up too much time away from family I would be sensitive to that as well.
Run-I love running, I love how it make me feel, it has shown to be really effective in my weight loss.
Weight training-my mom is paying for a person trainer for 6 months so, aside from weight training enhancing my weight loss, I also have to go because that is the condition for my mom to pay for it
Be a good friend-I haven't been a good friend or relative for a while. I feel like people probably understand that I am dedicated to my weight loss right now and that takes up a lot of my time but, I am not too sure.
Organize-I am tired of just doing the basic necessities of cleaning in my house. I am so far behind in my house work that I want to spend a significant amount of time deep cleaning and organizing my entire house.
Meal planning-I let the ball drop on that one a long time ago. It became really difficult to do with Adam's ever changing schedule then even harder after I started working until 6 every night and we NEVER have the same days off.
Yard work-the garden is filled with weeds because I don't have time to keep up with it all, grass seed is still not put down in the back yard. My super summer intentions of completing the backyard have all but come to a complete stop. It frustrated me and stressed me out.

Things I just want to do:
Read-I am in a book club with one friend, it's a 2 person book club. I haven't been able to spend the time reading that I should be. Sorry friend. :(
Craft-I haven't been able to sew or knit but, I want to. Actually I have to sew a couple things for a friend who is having a baby. I have a couple other things that I have been really wanting to do but, just haven't been able to fine time. Ugh!

I think that's it. All of this on top of working 40 hours per week. As you can see I have a lot on my plate. Everything on my lists are so important to me. The more I think about this the more I stress myself out. So, I am going to pause for a day and try to work out a schedule of sorts. One, I have to follow so I can accomplish everything. Anyone have any scheduling/planner suggestions?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://orgjunkie.com/getting-started

I like the above listed blog---don't know if it will help you at all but it might inspire some good ideas for you/ I definitely understand your want to do a thousand things at once.