Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

4 Months and Counting...

Well, as I stated in my last post we had Lily's 4 month well child check last Friday.
I will share with you the progress she has made in the last 4 months since birth:


Birth

Weight: 9 lbs. and 5 ozs. 95th %

Height: 21 3/4 in. 95th %

Head Circumferance (HC): 13 1/2


2 Months

Weight: 12 lbs and 6 ozs. 90th %

Height: 23 3/4 in. 98%

HC: unknown


4 Months

Weight: 14 lbs and 4 ozs. 75th %

Height: 25 1/4 in. 98th%

HC: 16 1/4 in.


She is and has been a tall girl. I guess she takes after her mommy in that area.

She dropped down in her weight percentile but, her pediatrician said that is totally normal when they start becoming more mobile.


I had been wanting to start her on cereal but I needed to get it okayed by her pediatrician. I felt she was ready and exhibited some readiness signs ie. loss of tongue reflex, not getting full from nursing and bottles, and wanting/noticing my food. So the doctor gave me the ok to start solids. He told me I can pretty much do anything as long as I do one food at a time for a few days to make sure she is not allergic. So we started with baby rice cereal. Each day she has had it she eats a little more and gets better and better with using a spoon. Here are some pictures of Lily enjoying her rice cereal.

Next week (probably the week after) I may start avacado and I am very excited.

No comments: