Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday

So a lot of people do a certain kind of blog on a certain day. For example, a lot of people do Wordless Wednesday, Not Me Monday, and a friend of mine has What's For Dinner Wednesday. I didn't really want to copy anyone but I think they are kind of fun. As a blog reader I always look forward to these weekly posts because it gives me something I can count on reading. I decided to come up with my own weekly post. I will call it Thankful Thursday. Not only will this give my readers something they can count on reading every week it will also help me remember all of the things I have to be thankful for. A recent discussion on the message boards of the Mommy and Me group I belong to and Adam, my husband, being out of town for 4 days last week has definitely reminded me of what I have to be thankful for. So with that being said I now introduce to you...

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for Adam. We have been together for almost 5 years and been married for 3 years and 7 months. He is truly a great husband and father. He works an unrewarding job to provide for us and he is always helping around the house, he takes care of our two dogs, does his laundry, does dishes sometimes more than I do, and helps me with taking care of Lily, he even gets up with her on the weekends so I can get more sleep. It doesn't stop there either, he helps me and does SO much more. When he isn't home I really feel how much he keeps our household together and I really and truly value him and all he does for me and our little family. He has an unusual sense of humor and continually makes me laugh. He has many silly nicknames for me and Lily, well, actually, even for the animals. Lily already thinks he is so funny. She laughs with him all of the time more than with anyone else. She belly laughed for the first time with him. It just melted my heart. He is so supportive and really showed that support at the birth of our baby girl. I couldn't have gotten through that experience without him by my side. God has blessed me with Adam as my husband and father to my baby girl. I am so THANKFUL for my husband!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Great idea Holly! I also love your new header, the pictures are awesome. I espicially love the one of Lilly smiling, adorable!!!

Whitney said...

excuse me! i am a devoted reader and you are slackin' already with your weekly blogs! omg, i am going to flip out! hah hahahaha, just kidding, you can post whenever you have time...