Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Catching Up

Last Monday was Lily's first birthday. Since we had already celebrated Lily's birth with a party we didn't do a whole lot. We hung around the house mainly. My mom; however, made Lily her very own huckleberry pie for her birthday. She enjoyed part of that after dinner. Because even though it was little it was still much too large for a 1 year old to devour on her own in one sitting.


The Pie!


Can you say zombie? But she is actually an innocent 1 year old, living, human being. I promise.


And just so it is clear to everyone that Lily is in fact 1 now...


We were not being mean, we promise. It was purely out of fun and needing to prove that Lily is a year old now. We really do love our Huckleberry Zombie and she loves us. It is evident here:

Saturday was my birthday. I turned 27! 3 more years 'til I hit the big 3-0. Yikes!!! I don't actually know what to think of that. I have so much to do before I get into my 30s. When I was young I wanted to be married, have a career, and have 4 kids before reaching 30. I am married-check, and that is as far as I get. I have 1 child and a degree I use to substitute teach. I wouldn't call substitute teaching a career. I love it but having my own classroom with a contract and a salary is what I would call a career. I won't ever put a check behind the 4 children part. I will be lucky if I can put a half check as in lucky if I have 2 kids. Anyway, before I am 30 I want to lose all the weight that I want to lose which is 75 pounds because it will be much easier to do in my 20s than my 30s. So I have my work cut out for me. My priorities now are lose weight and get a contracted teaching job before I am 30. Wish me luck!

On with my birthday celebration. We woke up the morning of my birthday and Adam made us all blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Adam is a GREAT pancake maker. We hung out at home for a while and then got ready to head to our local fair. It is tradition for me to attend the fair for my b-day. We didn't go last year because we were having a baby so I was really looking forward to it this year. When we arrived we looked as some of the outdoor kiosks. We then headed inside to see all the different products that they had. A nice man from Shriners gave Lily a sticker. I think she didn't know how to feel about her sticker. She later, took it off and put it down my shirt.

We went to the craft section which is one of my favorite parts of the whole fair. I love to do crafts myself so it's a lot of fun for me to admire the work of exceptional crafters and children crafters. We looked at the flower section where they had some of the most beautiful Dahlia's.

After we looked at the flowers we headed over to the animals. Lily really liked the goats. She was in the sling at this point and kept trying to get out of the sling and into each goat's area.


After we were done seeing all of the animals we decided we better get something to eat. My favorite, FAVOREITE part of the fair I will admit has always been the food specifically a giant burrito from Senor Froggy, a giant block of curly fries, and a Berry-Ka-Bob. There are definitely other food items that I think are good too like the giant, hand-dipped corn dog. Yummy. And a elephant ear, yummy too. I had heard rumor that Senor Froggy wasn't at the fair last year. I had to see for myself this year and sure enough, it wasn't there. I was bummed. Never again will I be able to indulge in a giant burrito because no you cannot just go to any of the local Senor Froggy's and order a giant burrito it is (was) a fair only item. So, I chose this year to have a giant corn dog. It was yummy. Adam and my mom had one too. We all shared a big block of curly fries which I was actually disappointed in because it wasn't crispy all, just greesy potatoes between 3 adults we barely ate half. Lily had chicken nuggets that she really wasn't in to. She much prefered her puffs, then a good nap. After our dinner and dessert of a Berry-Ka-Bob and a Huckleberry milk shake we headed home. It was a good day. I am so excited to go next year when Lily can ride a llama and maybe, just maybe the super huge ferris wheel, plus be able to pet the animals and not get so cranky or need to be held as much. Now off to begin Lily's 2nd year and my 27th year!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Aw, Happy Birthday to both of you girlies. Love the pie picture and of course the bathtub pic. She sure is getting big. Happy Birthday!