Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day 2010

I had the entire post on about how sick we have been. About how Lily spent 1 night and 2 days in the hospital and she is still battling some of the symptoms that put her in the hospital but, I am not going to post it. I am going to focus on the positive and move on from our strenuous week. Just know she is doing better and we were very glad her stay wasn't any longer than it was.


We (Lily and I-Adam worked) had a very simple 4th of July spent with my mom. We first tried to go to our local U-Pick area called Greenbluff to pick strawberries but, the strawberries weren't ready yet. So, we headed back into the city and went to a coffee place and enjoyed coffee, soup, and we even shared a dessert. Coffee, dessert? Two things I supposedly gave up. Which you might be questioning if you follow along my weight loss blog. Anyway, I indulged a little, it is, after all, Independence Day and I have the freedom to indulge when I feel like it. After our lunch we headed to my mom's because Lily was missing her dogs.
We came home for nap time. I had a great nap too.

After nap we went back to my mom's where we barbecued. Adam got off work so we were able to have dinner with him at least.Isn't she the cutest! That's not really a question, it's a factual statement!




After dinner we went across the street to the park so Lily could play.



Then, we came back to the house and each had a tiny bowl of ice cream. We all thoroughly enjoyed our treat!

Do you see the size of the bowl? That is the size of bowl my husband and I used too.

We, then, came home, got ready for bed, read some books together as a family, and now, Lily is in bed and Adam and I are each enjoying some quiet time.

No comments: