Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Here's To The Rest of My Life

I'm finally where I want to be. I'm finally in the light at the end of a very long, dark tunnel. I spent nearly a year and a half transitioning, healing, moving forward inch by inch. I most definitely haven't met all my major life goals yet, but I'm finally at a place where I feel like I can not only embrace my life, but enjoy my life too. After 15 months I was finally released from my marriage legally. After 16 months I was finally at a place where I felt the next necessary step was to get a place of my own for Lily and me. I find out in the next 3 or so weeks if I have been accepted into grad school in the fall. If I'm accepted I will start school this summer. I'm hoping for that and excited for the next adventure. If not school, then just doing what we are doing and enjoying our life.

We are adjusting well to our new place. It's in the perfect location for all 3 of my jobs and for school when it starts. We are close to a lot of great areas and a big grassy dog park. We have a stellar view of the city and beautiful trees off our deck. It's the perfect size for us. We have our animals here with us and they are adjusting fairly well. My cat thinks he is ready to go outside, but I disagree. My dog is having a hard time being back in the kennel when left alone and she is having a hard time with being on a leash all the time and having to. E designated potty breaks as she has had a pet door and a yard her whole life. I'm thankful for the dog park I discovered near by. Today we walked there. Peaches definitely needs to get more exercise and walked on a leash more because by the time we got to the park she was tuckered out. She rested for a bit, drank some water and was good to go running off the leash. Lily had fun too. We played "busy bees" and flew around the park picking dandelions. It felt good to be there, running free with not a care in the world with just my daughter and our dog. I'm excited to make memories in our new home, be active walking and going up and down this crazy set up stairs to get to our car. Don't worry, to actually get in to our apartment, it's only 1 set. Here are pictures of our first visit to the dog park.

No comments: