Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Subbing

I have been subbing 3 or 4 days a week since the end of January. I like subbing a lot because I don't have to worry about lesson plans, grading, meeting with parents, and all of the other aspects that a contracted teacher is responsible for. When the day is over I don't have to think about anything that I left behind in the classroom I came in. But some days, like today, I just want to pull out my hair and go crazy because kids can be, and not all of them are, very disrespectful. While subbing I learned within the first few times that I am not a friend to students. I can be a friend after first being a teacher with my own class which, I just know one day I will have. But as a sub I cannot. That is hard for me because I want so desperately to have relationships with the kids I come into contact with. This is the part that I don't like about subbing. I long to have a classroom community, I long to know all the names of my students and know what motivates and what aggrivates each of them. But, I also love how I can be more committed to being a mommy at home than a teacher in my community. I am content with doing what I have been doing, despite the fact that some days are very trying on my patience. and I take the good and take the bad as I do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some may feel squeamish about eating it, but rabbit has a fan base that grows as cooks discover how easy they are to raise — and how good the meat tastes.