Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Lily is still having a rough time. She hasn't been feverish but she is still not herself. She isn't as talkative or playful. She isn't eating or drinking much only nursing and actually tonight, she didn't even want to nurse. Ugh! I just don't know what to do about her. On top of all that she has some kind of rash on her back and a little on her face. It comes and goes and is very light but I have no idea what it's from. Maybe it's a heat rash but with that on top of her other symptoms I am just at a lose. We are going back to the doctor tomorrow.

And if Lily's hard time isn't enough. Adam has kidney stones in both kidneys. He is in a TREMENDOUS amount of pain. He has been in and out of the doctor for maybe 3 weeks now and is currently seeing a specialist. He has had 3 x-rays and 1 cat-scan. His specialist said they are too small to do the procedure that blasts the stones so he can pass them with no problems. 1 stone is 5 mm and if if were any bigger he could have the procedure. This particular stone is causing him so much pain that he left work early yesterday and called his specialist. They ordered another x-ray and they said after they got a chance to read it they would call and talk to him. They didn't call yesterday and at 5 am this morning he woke up in excruciating pain so we got dressed, got Lily up and headed to the hospital. We left 3 or so hours later with some prescriptions in hand for him to hopefully manage the pain. The kidney stone is trying to pass so it has traveled down a bit. The specialist still didn't call so maybe they will call tomorrow and he can get treated.

Because of all of this we made the decision to stay home this weekend and not go camping like we planned on doing. Hopefully we will all get some good rest. I am anxious for my family to get back to normal.

1 comment:

Kait T said...

Oh I can imagine you'd like everyone well. That's too bad you have to skip camping but probably for the best. Good luck getting them healed up and we'll be praying for you!